Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Blogging Experience

My Blogging Experience

Technology and I have a very odd relationship. I have always taken a strong interest in technology, but oddly enough, I find that I am rarely a user. Sure I search the internet and sure I use Microsoft Word to type papers, but aside from that, I have always liked to do things manually. When I learned that this class was going to center around the utilization of technology to create compositions, I have to admit that I was less than enthusiastic. This changed, however, with my introduction to the blog. Previous to this class, I had a Facebook, because everyone had one. To me, it was pretty dull, and I wanted something more. I wanted somewhere, where I could just write. Sure a Facebook allows you to send messages, but I wanted a place where I could post complex ideas and a few of my short stories that I have been working on over the past year. I wanted a place where I could post my writing so that others could provide criticism. As I learned from my COMP 106 class, a blog was the perfect place to do so. I have been absolutely ecstatic about my blogging page and I plan to continue writing to my blog even after this semester has ended.

If I could go back and revise one of my previous assignments, I would definitely change my podcast script. It wasn’t that the script was poorly written, but it varied very little from that of my Module III essay. Given the chance to go back, I would have tried to reword most of the paper so that it would have flowed better as a podcast.

Overall, I think that this class has been a much better experience for me than I had initially thought. My writing style has definitely improved, and I think that I have learned to better express my thoughts and opinions. In addition, I have learned to better utilize computer technology to present these opinions. I believe that the blog played a large role in this development, because it forced me to use technology more than I was accustomed to. I plan to continue posting to this blog, even after the semester has ended, and I hope that most of you do the same.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can relate to your feelings towards Facebook. I check here every day for updates, but Facebook only sees me once every 1.5 weeks (if lucky).

PS-I'm glad read you are going to keep blogging!